Re: [TR] Fuel mileage to and from The VTR convention

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'Irv Korey'" <emanteno@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel mileage to and from The VTR convention
From: Bill <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:00:26 -0700
And speaking of the drive home, ours was only 6 hours, AnnaBelle (in
Rosey), and I  (in Casper) had a great run up 101, 156, 152 with Jim
Messineo and his TR3A ... Then ... we came to Santa Nella at I5 for
gas and lunch. Welllll is seems they changed that intersection since
the last time we were there.  And so the Keystone Kops Event began.
I charged on to I5 North, only to find it was I5 South ... 4 Miles
later I saw the 152 intersection and charge off to loop back to I5
North, only I took the off ramp to San Jose NOT Sacramento ... found
a U-turn spot came back to find Jim waiting ... No AnnaBelle.  She
and Jim took the correct off ramp, but AnnaBelle missed the on ramp
to Sacramento and headed for Los Banos.  By the time Jim and I saw
her again she was headed in the correct direction, Jim and I got on
I5 North (finally) and had to go 80 mph or better to catch her ...
After that it was a good drive the rest of the way.

I stand corrected.  I thought the date being discussed was the GA event!  I
guess I haven't yet recovered from my 11.5 hour drive home yesterday!

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net