[TR] TR3 solenoid wire question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 solenoid wire question
From: "davewillner" <dwillner@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:36:58 -0500
I have an original selenoid on my car and I was doing some spring (early)
housekeeping and cleaned up the solenoid. I have a questions regarding the
order of the wires...I just had a spark when I tried to start it. I have a
white/red lead going to the started button, a black lead (heavy) to the
starter (off the bottom post of the solenoid) - no problem. I have a battery
lead on the top post as well as two brown leads, one to the fuse box and not
sure the other brown, a ground? Question, do these need to be separted with
nuts or washers on the top post? And is the order of any concern, I had the
two brown leads than the battery? My wiring diagrams also only showed one
brown lead off the top post to the fuse box? Appreciate it, thanks

Dave Willner
59 TR3A (TS65107L)
70 MGB

Suggested annual donation  $11.47