[TR] Toyota 5 speed and spedo calibration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Toyota 5 speed and spedo calibration
From: Frank Fisher <yellowtr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:50:36 -0800 (PST)
i recently took my TR3 out on the freeway with my tomtom GPS. i have a Toyota 5
speed installed and was curious to see how far off my speedometer was. i was
delighted to see that it was consistently just 3 mph faster than actual (GPS)
speed. this was true for speeds 40/60 and 80 mph.
i seem to recall some suggestions that the calibration could be up to 10% off.
I'm just curious about the findings of others with the Toyota conversion.
thanks
Frank

Suggested annual donation  $11.47

Triumphs@autox.team.net