[TR] GT6 Carpet Set

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] GT6 Carpet Set
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:17:23 EST
My wife, Carol, and I have recently purchased a 1972 GT6 and are in the
process of sprucing it up.  We ordered a carpet set (Wilton Wool) from a
major supplier and the fit is disappointing. There is a structural member
between the rear fender wells (inside of the car) that there was no carpet
supplied to recover, there was no carpet supplied to cover the space in the
very
back of the rear deck along the rear valance, the passenger floor  carpet
is about 4" too long, and the carpet that goes behind the  tunnel carpet,
that is one piece originally, is three separate pieces.  It  just doesn't
doesn't fit and lay well.  Has any one else had this  problem?  I'm thinking
that
is would have been better to have a  local shop make the carpet set and
install it.  Has anyone else had this  experience?  BTW, if you have never
ordered Wilton wool it  is EXPENSIVE and they won't sell it to you.  It has to
come from a  shop.

Sam and Carol Clark
Green Country Triumphs

Triumphs@autox.team.net