Re: [TR] Bosch Alternator

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>,<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Bosch Alternator
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 06:55:31 -0500
Ed,
         Back when this a very popular interchange, the pigtails were
readily available. Every FLAPS had them. (I AM one, btw) They were
for VWs, all Lucas, etc.
         I believe the struggles you are having are due in part to
the 20 year old instructions. Those parts are now less popular, A
local rebuilding shop should be able to help. Another issue you are
likely having is that your 250 probably has the original wiring.
         If you need help, contact me directly.

Peter C
=========
At 11:21 PM 3/14/2010, Ed Woods wrote:
>List,
>
>Has anyone out there actually used a Bosch alternator (Ford Fiesta
>'78-'80)? What did you use for the connector? Were you able to find
>the proper alternator connector with a pigtail? I've been to four
>local FLAPS to no avail.
>
>TIA,
>
>Ed Woods

Triumphs@autox.team.net