[TR] tr-3 rear license plate lamp

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] tr-3 rear license plate lamp
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:58:56 -0700 (PDT)
Finally trial fitted the rear license plate lamp on my tr-3 resto.  Amazingly
it doesn't seem to be even close to fitting.  The holes line up but the nuts
holding the lamp on are several sizes smaller than the holes in the body.  Also
the lamp hangs down below the opening for the spare tire opening, interfering
with the spare tire cover.  Or maybe the spare tire cover slides up behind the
license plate lamp when installed?  I'm thinking maybe I'm missing a plate of
some kind that attaches to the car body........which then the license plate
lamp attaches too?
Could someone check they're tr-3?
thanks!!

gary n.