Re: [TR] What Year Miata Seats Fit TR6

To: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] What Year Miata Seats Fit TR6
From: "Foster, Stan (HP IT)" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:43:48 +0000
Bill, I think they will all fit although there are differences in the fabric
used over the years and the later car seats don't have the speakers in the
headrests but they may be retrofittable. In any case the earlier seats (90 to
97) with speakers need the factory speakers replaced with small full range
speakers like these:

http://www.3rdstrategy.com/Miata.htm

The factory speakers only work well with the Miata audio system.

The Miata seat rails will need adapting to use the standard TR6 floor holes.
Most of us built/bought brackets to achieve this after a slight modification
of the Miata runners. The mod is described in some detail in the Williams book
on improving your TR6, TR250, TR5

Brackets often advertised on eBay.

Stan