[TR] POR-15 - UV

To: "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] POR-15 - UV
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:30:18 -0400
I know from POR's documentation that POR-15 is succeptible to discoloration
from excessive UV exposure. The question is how much?

Over the past year or so, I have been slowly working my way through the engine
bay (painted black these many years) and scrubbing down surfaces and fittings.
I've been applying POR with very pleasing results. However, I have not been
top-coating.
The part I did last year still seems perfectly fine. The car is indoors most
times. Is it a very gradual greying, or is the engine bay protected enough
that I can leave it bare POR coated as it is? I quite like the present surface
and semi-mid gloss that comes with the material. Just don't feel like having
it suddenly go all grey on me.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6.

Triumphs@autox.team.net