Re: [TR] Trunnion Bolt Torque?

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>,<Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Trunnion Bolt Torque?
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:09:38 -0400
At 11:47 PM 4/17/2010, Randall wrote:
> > Is there a torque spec for the trunnion bolt?  Something other than
> > "two grunts and an elbow pop"?
>
>Perhaps I'm confused.  Isn't that what they are talking about in step 12 of
>60.15.03, when it says "tightened to a torque of 50 - 65 lbf ft" ?

Nope, Randall, it's me.  I read all the sections about removing
vertical link, wishbone, spring, etc., all of which talk about
removing and replacing this bolt.  Missed reading the one about the
trunnion.  <g>

I wonder why it's not in the torque section at the front of the book?

Thanks!

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html