Re: [TR] K&N Filters

To: "'Triumph Friends of'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] K&N Filters
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:29:47 +0000 (UTC)
As a daily driver I'm all about longevity, minimizing maintenance, and
reliability.  I get plenty of performance from the stock options, which--along
with the thrill of negotiating curves when the top is down--is rather the
metaphor for a very happy marriage, huh?

I went to a great deal of trouble restoring the original steel canisters,
including putting on the decals.  Soaked them in oil like I was supposed to,
all that.  Ran them for a few thousand miles.  However, I live at the end of a
300 yard dirt driveway that kicks up dust every time I pass over.  First time I
took the canisters off, I wiped a thin layer of grime from the ports.

Switched immediately to paper from either Moss or TRF.  With synthetic oil and
cleaner combustion, I'm hoping to surpass the original milage ratings for these
engines by quite a bit.

Just my opinion.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire