Re: [TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement
From: Q <hdrider570@att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
I shimmed the motor mounts on my TR4 to align the hole in the radiator for the
hand crank.  I used a couple of the aluminum disks that are normally used to
shim the rear body mounts.  One on each side if I recall.

I have used the same shims on several other TR4's to adjust the belt clearance
in the past as well.

Once properly shimmed the belt is easy to install/remove.  No bonnet clearance
issues ever.

Remember they built these cars to make money so there are no "Extra" parts.  If
the factory used them, you need them.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

Triumphs@autox.team.net