Re: [TR] Noisy brakes...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Noisy brakes...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:56:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2010 10:29:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
KingsCreekTrees@aol.com writes:
> Working as workshop foreman at a BL dealer in the UK in the '80's, all
> the
> mechanics used a product called 'Coppaslip' on the back of the pads to
> keep
> things quiet. I haven't found it here in North America, but there must be
> an  equivalent. My understanding is that a bit of grease, as previously
> suggested,  works great, but the copper- based alternative will last
> longer.

There are "anti-seize" products out there available at most autoparts
stores.  Permatex is one of the brands.  I use this on my exhaust system
fasteners.  That means I can take things apart down the road without breaking
things.

I've always eschewed grease based products on the brakes since the heat
will let the grease flow and possibly make contact with the braking surfaces.
But there are anti-squeel products at the same aforementioned autoparts
store designed specifically for this situation.  Since I like to do things once
(it doesn't always work out this way) I'll leave the experimenting to
others.

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html