[TR] Thrust washer & dog bolt (bottom end rattle) Follow-up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Thrust washer & dog bolt (bottom end rattle) Follow-up
From: popnglo@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:54:28 +0000
I finally got around to bolting all back together from chasing that bottom
end rattling noise I was looking into back in Feb. (lucky for me my two old
XS650's are keeping me company).

The thrust washers were changed out using a .005 over, and a standard. The
new end float measured in at .004" (from .011"). The dog bolt which was
found loose was torqued at 140 foot/lbs.

Happy to say, there is no longer any noises from down there. Now I just got
to fit the nose back on and away I'll go. That'll happen today.

Thanks all for the advise,

Ed (Hudson Valley NY)

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html