Re: [TR] Brake Fluid

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake Fluid
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:07:48 -0700
> Body-shop people don't like silicone products around their shops
> because it causes fisheyes in paint which they apply to other cars.

BTDT.  Took me awhile to realize WTF ... apparently cleaning the MC area
with an air hose had put tiny droplets of silicone into the air, which were
still hanging around in my garage the next day.  After two failed (small)
paint jobs, which included wiping down with the special solvent required to
remove DOT 5 before painting; I did the third one outside and it had no fish
eyes at all.

> Just draining out what you have and replacing it with silicone does not
> work very well.

Experiences vary, but I've had very good luck doing just that in several
cases.  Other times it hasn't worked so well, so I guess it depends on just
how bad the other components are.

-- Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html