[TR] TR2/3 alternator conversion & belt length.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 alternator conversion & belt length.
From: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:46:35 -0400
Hello Listers:
Just finishing up an alternator conversion - used a generic AC Delco
7127. I used my old generator pulley with a bit of machining on the AC
Delco. Tried to fit a new belt and far too short. Pulled the alternator
as close to the block as possible and still many inches short.
Not sure if this is a "standard" problem, as the larger o/d of the
alternator requires a longer belt?
I had a new Gates segmented belt (groves cut across the belt width).
Just wondering how common 3/4" belts are in various lengths? Anyone have
a similar issue using the stock pulley and an AC Delco? Any idea of the
belt length required?
Thanks for any help with this.
Angelo Graham

Triumphs@autox.team.net