Re: [TR] Fwd: Brake Bleeding

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: Brake Bleeding
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:00:41 -0400
On Sunday, July 25, 2010 06:51:36 pm bill bickerton wrote:
> Should have mentioned what kind of car i'm dealing with:
> 1964 Triumph TR4 with type C calipers.

Bill,

Sounds to me like a fitting is not secure.

I have used speed bleeders on my 4 with no problem. They work great.

I would go inspect all break line fittings for tightness and check again for
leaks.

I tried the EZ bleeder system but it didnt work for me. It helps to get the
master cyl. primed but that is about all.

Try putting a regular bleed screw in the right most rear brake cyl. and just
let it leak while connect to a bleed hose for awhile.
Then replace with the speed bleeder and if you are still getting air there you
must have air coming from somewhere.

Good luck.

Bob

Triumphs@autox.team.net