[TR] Shock Replacement

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Shock Replacement
From: "Richard Crabbe" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:55:45 -0400
Hi Group

I had replaced my stock rear shocks with a bracket ( bought off e-bay) and
it came with #'s from different type of shocks.

I chose to go with the Monroe however once I got the car on the road the
problems started.

Come to find out that the shock is already at compression stage when at
rest. When you add my wife and myself  about 400 #'s most of me ( my wife
Said I had to say that) it is not a pleasant ride.

Can Anyone give me some references for the different type of shocks I should
be using and the #'s so I can order them.

Monroe, Koni  etc.

The bracket is the same type as sold by TRF as an aftermarket for the stock
Armstrong rear shocks.

76TR6

Crabby.

Triumphs@autox.team.net