Re: [TR] TR4A Radiator

To: pcaffrey@ymail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Radiator
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:23:49 EDT
Hi Pat;

Is your radiator in such bad condition that it cannot be 're-cored'? I
would recommend that route if possible. If your car is fitted with a starting
handle, and therefore a hole in the radiator, have the radiator recored
without  the hole; you'll get lots more cooling capacity. I have a TR3A, so I
don't know  what year of TR4 had the starting handle hole, if any.

I don't know of any sources to buy a radiator, assuming they are
unavailable from Moss, etc., but one option might be to buy a used one  and
have it
recored.

I have heard great things about the aluminium radiators, however, I
understand that frequent coolant changes/flushes are critical to any kind of
longevity from them.

Tim

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html