[TR] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 05:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi list & Joe!

From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

Greetings.
Now - I obviously need to order another pump.  Both TRF and Moss are selling
aftermarket units, albeit at widely different prices - TRF ($99), Moss ($50).
They both look similar, and the design includes the primer.  Does anyone have
anything good or bad to say about either?
I agree with Randall in rebuilding the aftermarket used Fuel Pump (FP). While
you are ordering the rebuilding kit, I would strongly recommend you purchasing
3 kits. 1- to rebuild the bad one, & two to be kept in the car.

Reason: If you're on a road trip, & you have to switch FP, then when you
arrive at your destination that night, you can rebuild the FP, & now you have
a spare FP as well as another 'back up rebuilding kit' in case you have
problems the next day or again. If you don't do that & you DO have problems
the next day or again sometime on the trip, then Your going to have to have a
kit sent to you over night (more expensive that the purchase of two rebuilding
kits), stay a day longer to be able to receive the kit & rebuild the FP, Plus
the added cost of sleeping somewhere that night (weather it be camping or a
motel), & it just might be your luck that in that town is some big happening
so motel costs will be high at that time (like the Iowa State Fair, that
happened to me).

Believe me when I say that I've been there & done that. I don't own a TR6, but
a 4 cyl. wet sleeve engine.
TIP: I have rebuilt the FP while still in the car. So that's an option instead
of having to deal with that one nut of the FP that's closest to the
bulkhead.
-Cosmo Kramer

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html