Re: [TR] TR3 Oil guage line.

To: Carl TR <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Oil guage line.
From: suhringtr36@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:22:11 +0000 (UTC)
Carl:

I bought mine from Moss and it was standard off the shelf. The problem, as you
noted is it is too long for what was what I believe original and in any case
to fit properly. So, I went to a performance shop to see if they would have
one in the length I wanted. The guy said "No, but with this kit, you can make
one any shorter length you want."B  Basically, the kit cost a few dollars and
provided the end fitting and an inner colar. What you do is cut the braded
line from the hose I bought from Moss (or any good automotive shop) to the
size you want less the length of the end fitting. The the colar slides over
the end and the fitting attaches to the color. I am sure this is exaclty hlow
they are made in the factory since the end product looks identical to what I
bought but at the lenght I needed for the TR3.

Scott Suhring

Mechanicsbrug, PA

'70 TR6

'59 TR3A