[TR] TR3A Fog/Spot Lamp wiring question #2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Fog/Spot Lamp wiring question #2
From: cfmtr3a@verizon.net
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:05:00 -0600 (CST)
I am mounting a pair of lights on the project.    I made notes of posts to the
list over the years and thought I would be able to search the archives but 'get
too many hits'.  I also thought I had a copy of Dan Master's book but I think I
loaned it to someone (and not returned)

So, here are the notes I have:

Ground Relay to chassis by direct connection
Black Ground from Lamp to chassis.
fused 18g line (Red w/Blue or w/White) from Headlamp Switch to 'hot' terminal
of combination fog/spot switch.   Should it be to S1 or S2? S2 appears to be
live only when the headlight switch is 'on';  S1 feeds the ignition warning
lamp.

Fog Lamp
??g line (Color?) from Fog side of switch to W1 on 'Fog' relay.  (I am thinking
18g)
14g line (??? w/???) from A1 on Voltage Regulator to C1 on 'Fog' relay.
think NU)
14g line (Red w/Yellow) from C2 on relay to lamp

Driving Lamp
??g line (Color?) from Spot side of switch to W1 on 'Spot' relay. (again 18g?)
   options Red w/Blue or Blue w/Yellow (I think UY)
14g line (Color?) from A1 on Voltage Regulator to C1 on 'Spot' relay
   options NU or ??? (I think NU)
14g line (Blue w/Yellow) from C2 on relay to lamp

Questions (other than wire color & gauge)
Where should the relays be mounted?  Under dash near switch; on firewall near
regulator; or near the lamp (on inner wing near horns)?
I am leaning toward at the lamp end.

If mounting one fog/one spot - is there a preferred side for either?   I am
thinking about dual wiring both sides; so that lamps could be switched out as
needed.  Also, that means I can run the lines down the same side and
bundle/wrap the wires going to the other side on the cross-member.

If I do run it on one side - is there any reason I couldn't run one 14g line
(NU) from A1 splitting to both C1 terminals (bullet 'quad' connector)?

Suggestions/thoughts/opinions appreciated.
Also, other than British wiring - are there other sources for the specialty
wire (a source that might be local).
Or, if I can't find the correct tracers...   what would be the best choices?

Thanks
Carl
1961 TR3A TS81802LO
Triumphs@autox.team.net