[TR] u-joint

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] u-joint
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:55:47 -0800 (PST)
Since I'm restoring a tr-3 ground up I decided to renew the u-joints.  How in
the H is one supposed to get the caps off?  The book says drive the cap out
until it's proud of the surface and then pull out with your fingers.  UH HUH
lol.  Maybe from a fairly new car but from one with 50 yrs. of rust?  There's
no
way to pull them out..........nothing to grip.

 My joints weren't really that loose or worn out, just old and I thought
renewing them would be a good thing to do and I had time while waiting on more
parts to come.  So I just put them back as they were and intend on using them
until they cause trouble later.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on getting out rusted caps.
Actually,
these joints seem pretty tough and I'm wondering if many people have trouble
with U-joints.

gary n.

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html