Re: [TR] TR3 clutch return spring question

To: davewillner <dwillner@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 clutch return spring question
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:37:06 -0700
--===============2078959983==

--0016e6db295ae1c02704a4d81175

I think you have the connections right (assuming you have the little eyelet
mounted to the screw for the push rod fork).  I think this is the correct
spring for the TR3A:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/SlaveReturnSpring.jpg

Oddly, my TR3A clutch will not work with this spring in place, but works
fine without it.  Been like that for 30 years.

Geo

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:03 PM, davewillner <dwillner@ptd.net> wrote:

>  I replaced the clutch slave cylinder today on my 3 and the return spring
> was missing, no surprise. I found several replacements in my spares and need
> to understand where the front end hooks into, there is a hole in the lower
> part of the slave bracket, but it seems real tight...am I correct in
> assuming it goes from that little spring plate on the clevis pin all the way
> to the bracket?

--0016e6db295ae1c02704a4d81175

yelet mounted to the screw for the push rod fork).=A0 I think this is the c=
orrect spring for the TR3A:</div>
eturnSpring.jpg">http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/Slave=
ReturnSpring.jpg</a></div>
ks fine without it.=A0 Been like that for 30 years.</div>
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dwillner@ptd.net";>dwillner@ptd.net</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br>
; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">
oday on my 3 and the return spring was missing, no surprise. I=A0found seve=
ral replacements in my spares and need to understand where the front end ho=
oks into, there is a=A0hole in the lower part of the slave bracket, but it =
seems real tight...am I correct in assuming it goes from that little spring=
 plate on the clevis pin all the way to the bracket?</font></div>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums