Re: [TR] TR3 Trunk Rack Pads

To: wsb1960tr3a@att.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Trunk Rack Pads
From: cfmtr3a@verizon.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:03:38 -0500 (CDT)
--===============2024178383==

href="/netmail/static/deg/css/wysiwyg-3933289048.css" media=all>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.7601.17537"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Bill - I don't think it was wearing through that was the issue but that
the rubber of the pads discolors the paint.&nbsp; If you never remove it - may
not matter.&nbsp; If you will - then you may want to consider something.&nbsp;
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Even though I don't plan on removing it - I am going to use some of the 3M
ultrashield clear vinyl on the painted surface.&nbsp; That is the material used
as a 'bug protector' in place of the vinyl 'bra'.&nbsp; That way if I do decide
that it is no longer functional, etc when it is removed I can pull up the vinyl
and all is good.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The outfit that did the tinting on our car can get the material - check
around for someone that will have a couple pieces of scrap.&nbsp;
<BR><BR><BR>Jun 6, 2011 08:42:04 PM, wsb1960tr3a@att.net wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(102,153,204) 3px solid">I'm installing a
trunk rack on the TR3A. It's the kind that has the forward mounts going thru
the hinge pins and the rear rests on rubber suction cup type mounts. ISTR that
someone said that the pads work through the paint eventually. Is there anything
that can be done like fitting a felt under the "suction cup" rubber mounts?
Maybe that would abrade as well. Maybe you just have to keep it waxed
underneath.<BR>TIA,<BR><BR>-Bill
Brewer<BR>triumphs@autox.team.net<BR><BR>Donate:
http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Archive:
http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums: