Re: [TR] Cleaning Stainless Steel

To: mathews@uga.edu
Subject: Re: [TR] Cleaning Stainless Steel
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:21:00 -0400
--===============0308835101==

--------------010509050002040906080700

On 6/9/2011 4:49 PM, Doug Mathews wrote:
> Ok, a journey back in time..
>
> When I was in college and worked at the Varsity in Athens, we had a
> lot of stainless steel....being low man on the totem pole I got the
> job of cleaning the stainless steel.  What we used to clean it was a
> rag and one of the powered cleansers (like Comet, Ajax) with elbow
> grease.   Might work quicker with a Scotch-Bright pad, but we did not
> have them back in the days of kerosene lanterns!

You might look for a product called Brasso or Bar Keeper's Friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Brasso-Multi-Purpose-Metal-Polish/dp/B000VP7IYA

http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Keepers-Friend-Cookware-Cleanser/dp/B000V6YLNA

Doug, did you work at the downtown Varsity, or the one at Broad and
Milledge?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--------------010509050002040906080700

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
On 6/9/2011 4:49 PM, Doug Mathews wrote:
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
When I was in college and worked at the Varsity in Athens, we had a lot
of stainless steel....being low man on the totem pole I got the job of
cleaning the stainless steel.&nbsp; What we used to clean it was a rag and
one of the powered cleansers (like Comet, Ajax) with elbow grease.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Might work quicker with a Scotch-Bright pad, but we did not have them
back in the days of kerosene lanterns!</font><br>
You might look for a product called Brasso or Bar Keeper's Friend.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.amazon.com/Brasso-Multi-Purpose-Metal-Polish/dp/B000VP7IYA";>http://www.amazon.com/Brasso-Multi-Purpose-Metal-Polish/dp/B000VP7IYA</a><br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Keepers-Friend-Cookware-Cleanser/dp/B000V6YLNA";>http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Keepers-Friend-Cookware-Cleanser/dp/B000V6YLNA</a><br>
Doug, did you work at the downtown Varsity, or the one at Broad and
Milledge?<br>
Jeff Scarbrough<br>
Corrosion Acres, Ga.<br>

triumphs@autox.team.net