Re: [TR] TR3A rear fendor bolt removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A rear fendor bolt removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:25:16 -0700
> Installing the fender beading and need help in finding a tool out there
> that
> makes removing the screws (inside the boot) that holds the rear fenders
> tight
> a little easier than a simple impact driver?

You may have to destroy the screws (grind or drill the heads off) and then
replace them once the fender is off.

But I found that a big screwdriver (the kind with a roughened tip and a hex
on the shank) worked better for me than an impact driver.  The sheet metal
just flexes too much to get much impact into the bolt, IMO.  Get the
screwdriver tip seated securely (it should be a tight fit both width and
length if you've got the right screwdriver) and then lean on it as hard as
you can, being careful to hold it exactly square to the screw while turning
the shank with a wrench.

All of mine came out, but not all of them were reusable.

-- Randall
triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive