Re: [TR] Shaking TR3

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Shaking TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:09:19 -0700
You should be able to find accelerometers much cheaper than $500!  We buy a
module that includes a 3-axis accelerometer and a DSP, and I think it's only
about $30 in quantity.  A quick Google turned up a sensor mounted on a PC
board for $30, and an assembled packaged unit with display, etc for $100.
http://www.amazon.com/T-Matrix-3-Axis-Performance-Accelerometer/dp/B000KZRE5

I've been fighting somewhat the same problem with my TR3, except the
vibration also comes back at higher speeds.  So far, I have found brand new
brake rotors that were significantly out of balance out of the box, and hubs
that did not run true.
http://tinyurl.com/3eql5af

I hope my "magic bullet" will be an on-the-car wheel balancer that I bought,
but haven't had time to try out yet.

-- Randall
triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html