Re: [TR] Shaking TR3 and trailer-queen stags

To: macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: [TR] Shaking TR3 and trailer-queen stags
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:24:30 +0000 (UTC)
ha, ha. I figured that would flush you out!

uncle jack just came back from a week on the road.  We drove to Perham for a
few days and on to Fargo for the Rendezvous.  (there were two other Stags
there, from Manitoba.)  No trucks involved.  He was a perfect gentleman, except
for having to take the window-lift switch out of the console to work it.

What can I say, but I just love playing with my "new" truck.  Can't wait to
attack the Rockies with that huge V8.  uncle jack will have plenty of time on
the road while we are out there.  We intend to take him on the highest paved
road in the USA.  Even when we trailered the TR4 to California, we put almost
700 miles on the TR4.

Side note on the Rendezvous:  The 2012 version is in Kenora Ontario.  Hotel
sold out in two days.  Already.  Now. I got the 4th-to-last room last night at
10:30 PM.  94 rooms!  Now they are starting on their second hotel.  That's a
430-mile drive.  We will see if we do that in one day with the Stag.  We have
done it to Thunder Bay.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net