Re: [TR] Side of the Road

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Side of the Road
From: tencate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:17:02 +0000 (GMT)
and those little sections of rubber hoses INSIDE the gas tank of the TR8s with
Z-S carbs MUST be 30R10 spec hose, capable of being completely submersed in
ethanol blended fuels.  $30 a foot stuff, special order.  What happens to the
original hose piece?  It swells and pretty soon the pump can't pump fuel
through that hose and out the outlet!  Typical TR8 owner response is crap, the
fuel pump in the tank died, I'll just put on an external pump.  In reality,
the pump is probably fine, happily pumping gas around in the tank going
nowhere while the external pump sucks out what it needs.

I've replaced all
the rubber high pressure hoses on my fuelie TR8s too, including the ones
feeding the injectors with "mutli-fuel" compatible hose.  About $7 a foot for
the high pressure kind.  Leaking fuel in the injected TR8s---likely because of
ethanol issues---have been suspected in more than a few engine fires!  The TR8
L-Jet fuel pressure is around 32 psi and as high as 40 psi.

Be safe, just go
and replace all that fuel line!

Jim

triumphs@autox.team.net