Re: [TR] TR3A Overheating

To: "'oliver'" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Overheating
From: <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:45:00 -0600
<moral of the story - before it finally dies, a water pump may only be
working somewhat . . .>

Question: How does a water pump partially wear our?  Do the vanes wear down?
I should think that if it is not leaking and the belt is not slipping that
it is working as intended.  Give you radiator a good check/cleaning if you
have not already.

Only mod to my stock cooling system is the six-blade "Tropical Fan" that was
sold as and option for TR4s.  No problems so far climbing the Utah mountains
over the past two years.  Real test comes later this summer on the roads of
west Texas.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566