[TR] ammeter shunt

Subject: [TR] ammeter shunt
From: allegrorover at mac.com (Anthony Cascio)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 23:33:19 -0500
List,
I've seen quite a bit of talk about the shunt that is required for an
alternator conversion.
I have Dan Masters wiring harness and my ammeter doesn't move, I really didn't
think much of it figuring the alternator was doing it's job, but after reading
some of the comments about it maybe I need to get on to this.
Can or would someone please give me a laymans explanation on what I need to do
or install to do this shunt. Photos would be good.......parts list???????
I apologize in advance for not being up to speed on some of the technical
electrical terms but I think I should try this so I can get at least some idea
what's going on with my charging system.
Thanks in advance
Tony Cascio
58 TR3A
TS27093L