[TR] is there a modern dual lip timing cover seal for TRactor

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] is there a modern dual lip timing cover seal for TRactor
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:09:56 -0500
Continuing work on the rejuvenation of the TR2.

Goal was to do all mechanics first and start on bodywork - but it's
all happening at the same time (again).  Front motor mounts easier to
get to with the suspension off - even easier with the front apron off
- can't lift the engine high enough to put the mounts in so the
transmission hump comes off -- parts everywhere!

Pulled off the timing cover to replace the tensioner and the chain was
quite loose(even with tensioner fully in contact pressed to chain)  -
sprockets not so good, either - so time for a new chain and sprockets.
Thrust washers look like they are in spec based on the prying and
pushing I did...

Hub pulley looks ok but there is the beginnings of a groove - I seem
to recall mention of a substitute dual lip seal that will fit the
tr2-4a motors but cannot find it in the archives.  It might be the 6
im thinking of.

Anyone know the part number if it exists?  I figure a new seal is much
cheaper than a speedi sleeve...

Chris

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html