[TR] TR 2/3 fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR 2/3 fuel pump
From: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:31:11 -0500
Hello List:
Trying to rebuild a TR2/3 fuel pump from parts scavenged from a couple
of pumps including my original '2 pump. I am using TRF's rebuild kit
because it comes with an oil seal for the base of the pump.
A question about this seal and how it is fixed in the pump body. I
managed to save what I think is the original seal round metal holder. Do
you press the neoprene seal that comes with the kit into this metal
holder, then press the assembly into the pump body? I take it the solid
part of the seal holder faces the diaphragm? The seal assembly isn't
really a tight fit in the pump body. Can/should you use a sealer of some
kind (Permatex?) around the seal/holder to secure it in the pump body?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html