[TR] 4lb TR3 Rad Cap

Subject: [TR] 4lb TR3 Rad Cap
From: wbeech at flash.net (wbeech at flash.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:23:49 -0600
I have often wondered why the TR3 cooling system only has a 4lb pressure
cap.  My friend with a 1962 Morgan(TR3 engine) and I both experience a
modest amount of overflow after only 20-30 minutes of driving.  I try to
keep the coolant level at about 1/2 the depth of the extension neck as I
have never heard any definitive data on just where the line should be as
there is no overflow recovery system for this car.

Does everyone have this issue?  My engine and radiator are only 3000 miles
old after a good cleaning during the re-build, I also have the 6-blade TR
Tropical Fan.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS30766L "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"A British car is man's best friend, it always stays where it is told... but
of course, some times it is difficult to make it go"