[TR] TR2/3 exhaust pipe.

Subject: [TR] TR2/3 exhaust pipe.
From: agraham at execulink.com (Angelo Graham)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:18:58 -0400
Hello List:
Just finished up re-installing an exhaust system in my '2 project. I
tried to duplicate the original (?) system I found on the car. Didn't
have a resonator. I used a stainless tube muffler and had the rear pipe
bent up to try to duplicate the rusted rear pipe. I thought the
replacement muffler a bit small, but it is not straight-thru; doesn't
sound too bad, with only a rasp when backing off.
My question concerns the rear pipe. My new pipe hangs down below the
rear frame rail by a couple of inches. Have tried twisting the pipe to
re-orient it, but can't reduce the clearance significantly. I had the
original pipe duplicated, but not sure about how the system should look
with respect to the rear frame rail. What about other 'original' cars?
Does the rear pipe hang below the rear frame rail? Have to clear the
rear of the car, so I'm assuming some bends are required.
Thanks for any help with this.
Angelo Graham