Re: [TR] "As it left the Factory" Wish us luck ????

To: John Macartney <flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TR] "As it left the Factory" Wish us luck ????
From: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:02:45 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date:to; bh=NK+BoU5Cl1wAowXXTYe4f7vGEL3UHruwZYj9DL3cvFo=; b=aWq/fPEbjBAy7Ok/z/HJmASpbPR8VbshNaA5lLRLCeJnhSCWZNM+MGsa3lvGKCxVx6 b78Z3AHEXrZ5oMEav0EOqaJvyEeKhhSu5igQpA7ZUVwowpCPaXyvP03pkb/20DTYcEmW ZUkHU93xFMx6/9QyxWYNsHCwQW1HYSGPtFfNgunDVSsiQy0dydNx/qJV680jT8t2edWi WirFvtMHPQX/jAhTt4yv0EKLTDxquk4Uj7mMHJ9yFq4vJfcL90EeJ4GtC6punI6jw8Ld Eiy8xowTAC80KBEQKR4E/sOSFVv4E/jjl89Y5frrHk9mLev4yRh22kBKBsv5sk7ewzWp CR4w==
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Sounds like a blast! Good luck and post pictures.
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
62 TR4 (about to get painted after an18 month tear down)
75TR6

Sent from my iPad

On May 31, 2012, at 7:31 AM, John Macartney <flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> This coming weekend (being Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee) an old and valued
> friend from Standard-Triumph and I, have prepared his imported and superbly
> restored TR250 for a special event. Sadly, we were committed to the car
event
> some months ago, so the invitation from The Palace to take part in the
River
> [...]
in
> the same category so with our own 'inside knowledge' from days of yore, the
> 250 has had the following work done to it:
>
> 1. The body has been completely
> sprayed with industrial lanolin. This nicely covers the superb paint job
and
> gives the car a boring, dull, matt finish.We've been careful to ensure an
> overspray of lanolin around the windscreen edge and glass side windows. All
> this lanolin will easily wash off with warm water and a high pressure hose
-
> just as did the original stuff.
> 2. The soft top is covered with protective
> plastic sheeting held in place with tape around the roof edges and to stop
> flapping
> 3. All chromework has been covered in adhesive-backed white cotton
> masking tape, while stainless or ally brightwork is covered with the
lanolin
> anyway
> 4. The rostyle hub caps and licence plates have been removed and are in
> a box in the boot
> 5. The headlamps are out and waxed cardboard discs cover the
> headlamp buckets. This is how the cars left the UK anyway and as the 250
now
> has dip left halogen units instead of the dip right sealed beams, it's
> entirely right the lights should be removed for 'authentic judging'
> 6. The red
> and white indicator lenses are back in place to temporarily replace the
yellow
> ones of a TR5
> 7. Carpets in the footwells have been removed and are in another
> box in the boot
> 8. All upholstery is covered with protective plastic
> 9. The
> windscreen has replica (as far as our memories and Photoshop skills allow)
> production / shipping / storage / anti-freeze labels - and all slapped on
it
> such a way you can hardly see out of it. In other words, just as it left
the
> factory.
> 10. To complete the picture, we'll be delivering it to the event on a
> trailer - because that's exactly how the vast majority of export cars came
off
> the line and got themselves shipped to the docks.
>
> There's only one thing
> we've been unable to do and that's to run a set of 1968 Goodyear redlines
> earth - but hopefully no-one will notice. We think this plan is just a bit
of
> harmless fun-poking at a real PITA arrogant, know-all (who actually
doesn't)
> UK TR5 enthusiast we know will be there with both his grossly over-restored
> cars who he maintains are always exhibited as factory fresh. The idea is to
> park the 250 in between them if we can, while another friend with a
Standard

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/trguy75@gmail.com

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net