Re: [TR] Feelings about paint types

To: yellowtr3@yahoo.com, ptegler@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Feelings about paint types
From: "Andrew S. Mace" <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:27:02 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Paul Tegler wrote: clear flake off is a prep issue...and/orwaiting too long
before applying (base set to much) In matched paint systems,there is zero
reason for the clear to separate from
the color base.

=======
>From what I've seen over the years, flaking clear coat is mostly a matter of a
car that hasn't been out of the elements since sometime late in the 2nd
Clinton administration and likely has never seen a can of wax, either. I can't
imagine most Triumph owners spending several thousand on any sort of repaint
and then leaving the car outside forever after! ;)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
TriumphHerald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage
TriumphRegister: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
HeraldDatabase: http://triumph-herald.us

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive