Re: [TR] Clutch movement

To: Dave1massey@cs.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Clutch movement
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 08:01:49 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Dave,

I have to agree. I just switched rides from my 72 6 to my 63 4 and the first time out last Friday, I thought my clutch on the 4 was too soft. But I checked it out on a short drive around the block and everything was fine. Fluid level was fine and so was the operation. It was just I was used to the much harder pedal on the 6. Now on the 3, it is even better. I know the 3 and 4 have the same pressure plate and slave but I think the MC must be a bigger diameter than on the 3. I have to say, the clutch operation on the 3 is the best of the 3 Triumphs I own.

All engage at the same spot, just that all 3 require different amounts of force from my foot!

Bob