Re: [TR] Splash plates for TR4A

To: Cliff Hansen <cliff_hansen@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Splash plates for TR4A
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:32:26 -0400
Cc: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
Cliff,

As far as I can tell they are the same. I had a stock NOS set for my TR4 and they fit perfect as you would expect. On my 6, I had just 1 side and I actually fabricated the other by reversing the pattern with the one that I did have.

Since I had stock parts, I am guessing that the reproductions are not up to spec.

If it was me, I would return them and hope for a set to appear on Ebay. Believe it or not they do show up from time to time.

If your old ones are useable to make a pattern, they are not that hard to fabricate out of fresh sheet metal.

Bob