Re: [TR] rewiring a TR3

To: "'Andrew Uprichard'" <auprichard@uprichard.net>, "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] rewiring a TR3
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:26:54 -0800
> I should probably know this, but as part of the center dash
> cluster wires, I have a single white wire.  It is not the
> wire for the ignition switch nor light.  Any suggestions?

Should be only 4 white wires in the entire car:
1) Ign switch to red light
2) Ign switch to starter switch
3) Ign switch to fuse block
4) Fuse block to ignition coil

> It's great fun
> guessing what  wire should be used for each indication when
> several have been spliced and replaced with teh wrong colors !!

Why guess?  Just buzz it out and you'll know it's right.  My original
harness has faded until the colors aren't visible at all, but it only takes
a few seconds to identify each wire by where it goes.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive