Re: [TR] Why is the TR3 Hard Starting?

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Why is the TR3 Hard Starting?
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:08:54 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: KingsCreekTrees
I've found that priming the fuel pump, before the first start each day,
helps a lot. Just open the bonnet, reach down to the fuel pump on the driver's
 side (LHD). Below the fuel pump is a lever that you lift in rapid
succession and  this pumps fuel through to the carburettors. Then, when you
press
the starter  button, the car bursts into life almost immediately.

Of course, this assumes that everything else is as it should be, in terms
of ignition, carburetion, etc.

Tim

In a message dated 04/03/2013 5:49:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
terryrs@comcast.net writes:

>    My TR3 is hard starting in the winter. It is  garage kept and the
garage
>has been in the 60's inside. After not  driving for 3 weeks it cranks
slower
>than I would like and tries to  start and dies. It eventually will start.
It
>starts easily for the rest  of the day.

Mine had been sitting since December,  also in a garage.  Was so hard to
start, I had to check spark and fuel to  make sure it was getting any.  It
was, and eventually kicked over.   Even then, it wouldn't reve right away, not
til it warmed up.

I was  figuring that it's all because the engine only has about 2,000 miles
on it and  is tight.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New  Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **