Re: [TR] Wheel bearing grease packer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Andrew Uprichard <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel bearing grease packer
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 0:04:50 +0000
---- Andrew Uprichard <auprichard@uprichard.net> wrote:
> Does anyone out there have experience of, or recommendations for, a wheel
> bearing grease packer?  Or do you all do it by hand?
>
> No rude answers, please !

So ... you didn't want to know what I thought of it?
<g>

FWIW, I am becoming increasingly fond of wearing nitrile gloves from HF.
They're only a couple of cents apiece, and now come in several different
thicknesses.  For packing bearings, I just don a pair of the thinnest (and
cheapest) ones, then pack the bearing the old fashioned way by smearing grease
across my left palm and scraping it off with the edge of the roller cage.  When
you're all done, and the bearing is in place, just peel off the gloves and drop
them in the car.

I still don't wear them for everything, but they work great for packing
bearings.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive