Re: [TR] TR3/TR4 block drain valve?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3/TR4 block drain valve?
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:19:58 -0400
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=KvonDqueJGHIzwFqfYayOQ==:117 a=rLYH4uprxJwA:10 a=1GtspROMyXkA:10 a=rgFOHuIoAAAA:8 a=LTEt6BDGx5kA:10 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=HMkndeY6h1Rl9F3PRQEA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=ue8jr_o5HeT6COyrmsYA:9 a=NXor_2gLHvVuf6uX:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10
The block drain valve is the same as the radiator drain valve (or
should be) and you can get a much better look at that one. I recall it
being substantial enough that it should come out without much trouble
but the usual "proceed with caution" applies. I think it is more
likely that the drain lever will be stuck. It is a taper held in the
body with a spring, washer and cotter pin. You may be able to tap it
from underneath and free it. Removing the valve from the block
provides a larger hole for the crud to come out and you can bend a
stiff wire (coat hanger) to loosen the crud towards the rear of #4
cylinder. As usual, been there, done that.

Allen

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive