Re: [TR] TR3A alternator belt again

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A alternator belt again
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:11:05 -0400
Me too -- I would take the water pump pully off until I used that locktite
product to close up the tolerance between the pulley and the shaft.

Now it's pull the bolt on the bottom of the alternator slip the belt on and
reverse the dissassembly process.  Usually no scotch or other lubricant
required.

Make sure you line up the alternator with those other pully's really well.

Those pressed metal pulley's on the crank develop stress cracks and fly
apart. I had one go - and dug out all my spares and after media blasting
all of them had cracks. Finally found one on my spare motor that was crack
free.

Chris

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive