Re: [TR] Making a Break For It

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Making a Break For It
From: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:20:44 -0400
In all seriousness, I've sometimes been so vexed I've tried Mark Twain's
approach from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer .

"He well knew the futility of trying to contend against witches, so he gave
up discouraged. But it occurred to him that he might as well have the
marble he had just thrown away, and therefore he went and made a patient
search for it. But he could not find it. Now he went back to his
treasure-house and carefully placed himself just as he had been standing
when he tossed the marble away; then he took another marble from his pocket
and tossed it in the same way, saying:

'Brother, go find your brother!'

He watched where it stopped, and went there and looked. But it must have
fallen short or gone too far; so he tried twice more. The last repetition
was successful. The two marbles lay within a foot of each other."

And believe it or not, it will sometimes work.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive