Re: [TR] Tranny install question

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tranny install question
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:21:04 -0400
Cc: "<triumphs@autox.team.net>" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
There are two holes that should have tight-fitting dowels in them.
Scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/LocatingDowels.htm  and look for the
yellow arrows.

I ordered dowels from TRF along with my alignment shaft and a bunch of
other stuff.  They don't help so much for getting things lined up
during install, but legend has it that they are essential for proper
clutch operation.

As for putting the thing in, patience is your friend.  That, and
making sure that a.) you got the clutch disc centered, and b.) that
you didn't let the disc hang on the input shaft and get misaligned.
Other than that, wiggle and turn, wiggle and turn.  Eventually you
will find the secret combination of swear words that unlock the
transmission and allow it to jump on the engine.  Whatever you do,
don't force it, though.

You have the back of the motor jacked up slightly, don't you?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive