Re: [TR] TR6 for sale

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 for sale
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:29:38 -0500

--089e0158a9baf2a559050ff12c4a

If you are not in a rush, I'd suggest he join his local Triumph club.
That's how I got my TR6.  - well that's how I got both of them.....  Oh
jeeze, I just realized I have a Triumph problem....

If he's not hands on now, he'll need to be or find friends that like to
help. Being a member of a club will certainly help. I enjoy helping the new
members and older members keep their cars wet and on the road.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Hoyt Duff <hoytduff@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would suggest that he enjoy the hunt for a better "starter car" for
> a while. He will be happier in the long run.
>

> On 2/25/15, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> >> Not much detail offered (and I obviously do not know the
> >> vehicle) but looks like it could be an honest car with much
> >> of it original.  No location shown but it is wearing
> >> California plates.
> >
> > If you read down a bit, it says "This car is in storage in the Hancock
> Park
> > area of Los Angeles" which IIRC is a few blocks east of
> > the La Brea Tar Pits.
> >
> > But, after being stored for 20 years, it certainly will not be "turn
> key" no
> > matter how good it looks.  Brakes, tires, fuel lines,
> > belts, etc will all need to be replaced.  No big deal for most of us, but
> > perhaps still not the right car for a new owner that
> > "knows very little about cars".
> >
> > Unless of course he is interested in learning the hard way <G>
> >
> > I would also have to say that, although they are certainly nice cars,
> there
> > is a lot of difference between a TR6 and a Spitfire.
> >
> > -- Randall
> >

> > ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> > Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/hoytduff@gmail.com
> >

> --
> Hoyt
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

--089e0158a9baf2a559050ff12c4a

l Triumph club.=C2=A0 That&#39;s how I got my TR6. =C2=A0- well that&#39;s =
how I got both of them.....=C2=A0 Oh jeeze, I just realized I have a Triump=
ed to be or find friends that like to help. Being a member of a club will c=
ertainly help. I enjoy helping the new members and older members keep their=
tra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Hoyt D=
uff <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:hoytduff@gmail.com"; target=3D"_=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">I would suggest that he enjoy the hunt for a better &quot;starter ca=
r&quot; for<br>
a while. He will be happier in the long run.<br>
On 2/25/15, Randall &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:TR3driver@ca.rr.com";>TR3driver@ca=
.rr.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; Not much detail offered (and I obviously do not know the<br>
&gt;&gt; vehicle) but looks like it could be an honest car with much<br>
&gt;&gt; of it original.=C2=A0 No location shown but it is wearing<br>
&gt;&gt; California plates.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If you read down a bit, it says &quot;This car is in storage in the Ha=
ncock Park<br>
&gt; area of Los Angeles&quot; which IIRC is a few blocks east of<br>
&gt; the La Brea Tar Pits.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; But, after being stored for 20 years, it certainly will not be &quot;t=
urn key&quot; no<br>
&gt; matter how good it looks.=C2=A0 Brakes, tires, fuel lines,<br>
&gt; belts, etc will all need to be replaced.=C2=A0 No big deal for most of=
 us, but<br>
&gt; perhaps still not the right car for a new owner that<br>
&gt; &quot;knows very little about cars&quot;.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unless of course he is interested in learning the hard way &lt;G&gt;<b=
r>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I would also have to say that, although they are certainly nice cars, =
there<br>
&gt; is a lot of difference between a TR6 and a Spitfire.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -- Randall<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>