Re: [TR] TR3A Brakes Locking Up

To: Joe and Karen DeMuth <jdemuth@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Brakes Locking Up
From: Michael Marr <mmarr@albiontechnical.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:39:18 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I have not experienced this myself, but other list members have reported
instances of the front caliper hoses swelling up with age and acting like a
check valve, holding the fluid in the calipers so they do not release
immediately.  Was your friend experiencing this on both front wheels or just
one side?  If the latter, it could be the hose situation.  If the former, it is
likely to be somewhere else in the circuit that is common to both front brakes.
 My memory of the front hydraulic circuit is too hazy to recommend where to
start, without looking at my shop manual, which is not to hand right now, but I
bet somebody else out there has an idea.

Mike

Michael Marr
Albion Technical Services
Mobile:  630-202-0065