Re: [TR] TR6 SU Carb Conversion

To: "'Joe DeMuth'" <jdemuth@mac.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 SU Carb Conversion
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:53:48 -0700
> I am thinking about re[lacing the ZS carbs with a set of SU's
> on my TR6. Am wondering what effect that will have on the
> vacuum retard (1973 had only retard, no advance) and the
> anti-run-on valve and its components. Any thoughts?

Very likely you'll have to abandon both of those features as the SU carbs won't
have the necessary ports & valves (unless maybe you
find some late "emissions" versions that do).  The good news is that, without
the vacuum retard, the engine is less likely to run
on.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive