Re: [TR] TR3 Engine

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Engine
From: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 19:38:07 -0400

------=_Part_148703_1940873022.1435880287321

Coffee table!

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: terryrs <terryrs@comcast.net>
To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thu, Jul 2, 2015 5:53 pm
Subject: [TR] TR3 Engine

Sappy or Super?

Young girl on Craiglist in the town where I work posted a
TR3 engine for $200.  Needs rebuild, I'm assuming.  Sent an e-mail begging that,
if she can't sell it, not to throw it away.  Offered $50 if no one serious
called.  Not because I wanted it, I explained, because I already have rebuilt a
spare engine waiting in the wings, but rather because I wanted to see it
saved.

Drat.

She e-mailed me back offering it to me for $50.  Rats.  So I
went and picked it up today.  Now I don't know what to do with it!

Thought I
might just do a rebuild and sell it on E-Bay.  Checked there and they do have
one for sale ($4,500), and 23 people are watching but nobody's bid.

Have no
idea what to do with it, other than park it in a corner of the garage for a
third spare head, crank, pulley, etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59
TR3A
New Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate:
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1massey@cs.com

------=_Part_148703_1940873022.1435880287321

size="4">Coffee table!</font>

style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
Message-----<br>

0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;color:
#000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>
[...]

** <a
removedlink__f32328c1-ed09-4d8f-9185-882c3da20534__href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
 **

Donate:
<a
removedlink__f32328c1-ed09-4d8f-9185-882c3da20534__href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
 target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a
removedlink__f32328c1-ed09-4d8f-9185-882c3da20534__href="http://www.team.net/archive";
 target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums:
<a
removedlink__f32328c1-ed09-4d8f-9185-882c3da20534__href="http://www.team.net/forums";
 target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
<a
removedlink__f32328c1-ed09-4d8f-9185-882c3da20534__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1massey@cs.com";

target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dave1massey@cs.com</a>
</tt></pre>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_d31f47d0-310a-4da3-9f2c-d6bf2e39fbdf -->

------=_Part_148703_1940873022.1435880287321--

--===============8246079362983121247==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive